HealthUnlocked is a social network for health. By finding others with similar health backgrounds people can take on day to day health concerns together. Because our communities are set up by leading health organisations people have access to credible support. Headway believes good health information is good for your health. HealthUnlocked has been built to get good support to the people who need it.
On the Headway HealthUnlocked community, you can:
- Discuss: In the discussion forum, you can post a new question, reply to someone else’s question query or just read through the forum to find information that may help you.
- Share: Use the community’s blogging area to share your experiences of brain injury, and support others by commenting on their blogs.
- Engage: Help keep the community active by taking part in our polls, reading Headway’s blogs and commenting on other posts.
You can talk about anything related to brain injury – from symptoms and rehabilitation to welfare benefits and local services – and get answers and support from people who have been through a similar situations.
Click here to visit the Headway HealthUnlocked community.
Content on the Headway HealthUnlocked community does not replace the relationship between you and your doctors or other healthcare professionals, or the advice you receive from them. It also does not replace our free helpline service, which offers an opportunity to discuss your concerns in confidence with our trained staff.
The comments and information placed in this community are purely the views of the members and are not those of Headway – the brain injury association or Headway West Sussex
The mention in the community of any products, alternative/complimentary therapies or treatments does not constitute a professional recommendation from Headway – the brain injury association or Headway West Sussex.
- Join in! To help keep the community active, we encourage users to post blogs and questions, and comment on other peoples’ posts. However, it’s also fine if you’d rather just read other posts on the site.
- Respect other community members. In other words, be nice! It’s OK to have a debate and share opinions on our community, but make sure you’re always polite and don’t insult, intimidate or harass people.
- Be aware – Headway’s community is a public forum! You are responsible for what you post on our site. You must not post anything illegal or offensive.
- Stay safe. We want you to feel safe when talking about your experiences of brain injury on our community. To ensure this, please don’t give out your personal details such as address and phone number. Don’t talk about your daily movements, such as where you’ll be at a specific time and date. Be careful when discussing details of family and friends – they may not want their personal stories online. Do not respond to, and immediately report, any posts or private messages that ask for personal details or money.
- Don’t name and shame. While it’s OK to talk about experiences you’ve had, be they good or bad, we ask that members don’t dedicate posts to naming and shaming services or individuals.
- Don’t advertise products or services. It’s fine to discuss your experiences of particular products and services, but the Headway community is for personal use and must not be used for commercial purposes to advertise products and services.
- Don’t post links to research studies/surveys. Headway receives a high volume of requests to post details of brain injury research. Please contact us first to discuss how we can help.
- Report abuse. Use the Report link next to any posts you think are inappropriate and one of the moderators from HealthUnlocked or Headway will review it and, if necessary, remove it.
- Respect copyright. You are welcome to upload images to our blogs, but make sure you have the permission of the original creator and/or the people who appear in the image before doing so. If you copy text from another source, make sure you say where you got it from.
HealthUnlocked is run in conjunction with Headway – the brain injury association. Any matters related to or arising from using this forum should be directed to HealthUnlocked and not Headway West Sussex.