Headway – the brain injury association is a registered charity (no 1025852) and a company limited by guarantee (reg. no 2346893).
Here to help
Headway is a charity set up to give help and support to people affected by brain injury. It does this in a number of ways:
A network of local Groups and Branches throughout the UK and Channel Islands offers a wide range of services, including rehabilitation programmes, carer support, social re-integration, community outreach and respite care. The services available will vary, depending on local needs and resources.
Headway UK provides support to the local Groups and Branches and helps to deliver high quality services through guidance on policies, procedures, standards and training.
- The Headway Helpline provides information, advises on sources of support, finds local rehabilitation services and offers a listening ear to those experiencing problems
- We publish a range of booklets containing information about aspects of brain injury that will be helpful to those directly affected, plus professionals, employers and members of the public
- We promote understanding of brain injury and its effects
- We lobby for better support and resources to be made available by statutory health and social care providers
- We campaign for measures that will reduce the number of brain injuries
Website for further information: www.headway.org.uk